Town of Victoria Park
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within the Town of Victoria Park, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to the Retail Trade workforce.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Town of Victoria Park will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Town of Victoria Park;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. To provide this detail, Town of Victoria Park in 2011 had to be constructed from a best fit of Work Destination Zones (DZNs). While it may not be an exact match to the LGA or region boundary, it is considered close enough to allow some comparison. Users should treat this time series data with caution, however, and not compare directly with 2011 data from any other source.
|Local workers occupations|
|Town of Victoria Park - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Retail Trade %||Number||%||Retail Trade %||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,809||13.6||10.4||3,187||12.6||10.7||+622||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4,700||16.8||0.6||3,916||15.5||1.0||+784||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,673||13.1||10.0||3,948||15.6||11.1||-275||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,048||3.7||4.0||827||3.3||3.6||+221||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||404||1.4||0.5||358||1.4||0.9||+46||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the workforce in Town of Victoria Park in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (7,067 local workers or 25.2%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (4,700 local workers or 16.8%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (3,809 local workers or 13.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 15,576 people in total or 55.6% of the local workers .
In comparison, the Retail Trade workforce within Town of Victoria Park employed 5.2% as Professionals; 0.6% as Community and Personal Service Workers; and 10.4% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the Town of Victoria Park and the Retail Trade workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (25.2% compared to 5.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (16.8% compared to 0.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (5.9% compared to 45.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Managers (11.9% compared to 15.6%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the in the Town of Victoria Park workforce between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+784 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+622 local workers)
- Professionals (+560 local workers)
- Labourers (+419 local workers)