City of Vincent
Resident workers - Hours worked
49.1% of the resident workers in the City of Vincent work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.6% in Western Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Vincent's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Vincent depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Vincent||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,904||10.1||11.9||1,747||9.7||10.8||+157||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,934||10.3||9.9||1,655||9.2||9.2||+279||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,768||9.4||10.7||1,519||8.5||9.5||+249||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,087||16.4||17.2||2,843||15.8||15.8||+244||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,141||11.4||9.5||2,258||12.6||10.9||-117||22007|
|49 hours or more||3,300||17.6||17.3||3,432||19.1||19.6||-132||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Vincent's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 33.2% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the City of Vincent and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (20.1% compared to 17.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (11.4% compared to 9.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.1% compared to 11.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (9.4% compared to 10.7%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Vincent increased by 238 people (2.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the City of Vincent between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+279 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+249 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+244 people)
- 40 hours (+243 people)