Wagga Wagga City
Resident workers - Hours worked
26.9% of the resident workers (Retail Trade) in Wagga Wagga City work 40 or more hours, compared to 29.6% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Wagga Wagga City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Wagga Wagga City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Wagga Wagga City||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||745||22.8||19.9||820||24.1||20.1||-75||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||419||12.8||14.9||390||11.4||13.8||+29||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||472||14.4||13.2||404||11.9||12.2||+68||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||589||18.0||18.0||578||17.0||16.5||+11||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||275||8.4||6.8||294||8.6||7.6||-19||22007|
|49 hours or more||279||8.5||10.0||381||11.2||11.8||-102||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Wagga Wagga City's resident workers (Retail Trade) in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 53.4% of the resident workers (Retail Trade) worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 44.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 51.2% and 47.7% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) of Wagga Wagga City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 1 hour - 15 hours (22.8% compared to 19.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.4% compared to 6.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 40 hours (9.9% compared to 12.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 16 hours - 24 hours (12.8% compared to 14.9%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers (Retail Trade) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Wagga Wagga City decreased by 146 people (9.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) in Wagga Wagga City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-102 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-75 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+68 people)
- 40 hours (-36 people)