Wagga Wagga City
Local sales by industry measures the output of local industries that is sold locally. This includes sales to local consumers, businesses and other organisations.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, local sales data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|Local sales by industry sector|
|Wagga Wagga City - Constant prices||2019/20||2014/15||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||New South Wales||$m||%||New South Wales||2014/15 - 2019/20|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||257.8||4.7||1.1||337.1||6.4||1.8||-79.3|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||208.9||3.8||2.7||187.7||3.6||2.8||+21.2|
|Accommodation and Food Services||150.2||2.7||2.7||174.4||3.3||3.0||-24.2|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||253.1||4.6||4.4||239.7||4.6||4.4||+13.4|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||116.8||2.1||3.3||80.3||1.5||2.6||+36.5|
|Financial and Insurance Services||285.0||5.2||6.5||225.1||4.3||7.0||+59.9|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||467.9||8.6||16.2||546.2||10.4||16.8||-78.2|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||262.3||4.8||8.6||227.9||4.3||7.8||+34.5|
|Administrative and Support Services||144.2||2.6||3.9||162.7||3.1||4.4||-18.6|
|Public Administration and Safety||354.2||6.5||3.9||310.3||5.9||3.8||+43.9|
|Education and Training||308.1||5.6||3.6||259.3||4.9||3.6||+48.8|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||501.3||9.2||5.9||350.8||6.7||5.1||+150.5|
|Arts and Recreation Services||51.0||0.9||1.1||36.4||0.7||1.0||+14.6|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2021. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (informed decisions) NIEIR-ID data are adjusted each year, using updated employment estimates. .id (informed decisions). Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more
An analysis of the local sales by industry sectors in Wagga Wagga City in 2018/19 shows the three largest industries were:
- Construction ($1,078million or 19.7%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance ($501million or 9.2%)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services ($468million or 8.6%)
In combination these three industries accounted for $2,047 million in total or 37.4% of the total local sales by total industry in the Wagga Wagga City.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in New South Wales accounted for 19.9% in Construction; 5.9% in Health Care and Social Assistance and 16.2% in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
The major differences between local sales by industries of Wagga Wagga City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (8.6% compared to 16.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (4.8% compared to 8.6%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (4.7% compared to 1.1%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Health Care and Social Assistance (9.2% compared to 5.9%)
The total local sales by industry in Wagga Wagga City $increased by 221 million between 2014/15 and 2019/20.
The largest changes in the local sales by industries between 2014/15 and 2019/20 in Wagga Wagga City were for:
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+$151 million)
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (-$79 million)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (-$78 million)
- Manufacturing (-$63 million)