Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Wagga Wagga City across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Wagga Wagga City - Retail Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||770||22.8||19.9||839||23.9||20.2||-69|
|16 hours - 24 hours||420||12.4||14.9||417||11.9||13.8||+3|
|25 hours - 34 hours||486||14.4||13.2||416||11.8||12.2||+70|
|35 hours - 39 hours||634||18.8||18.0||601||17.1||16.5||+33|
|41 hours - 48 hours||280||8.3||6.8||297||8.5||7.6||-17|
|49 hours or more||278||8.2||10.0||391||11.1||11.8||-113|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Retail Trade workforce in Wagga Wagga City in 2016 compared to New South Wales within Wagga Wagga City shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 52.9% of the Retail Trade workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 45.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 51.2% and 47.7% respectively for New South Wales within Wagga Wagga City.
The major differences between the hours worked by the Retail Trade workforce in Wagga Wagga City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (22.8% compared to 19.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (12.4% compared to 14.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (10.1% compared to 12.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (8.2% compared to 10.0%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the Retail Trade workforce in Wagga Wagga City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-113 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+70 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-69 local workers)
- 40 hours (-37 local workers)