Wagga Wagga City
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Wagga Wagga City, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Wagga Wagga City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||6,948||22.7||32.6||5,687||19.3||27.9||+1,261|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,943||9.6||11.1||2,419||8.2||10.5||+524|
|Certificate I and II Level||555||1.8||1.2||627||2.1||1.4||-72|
|Certificate III & IV Level||7,895||25.8||18.7||7,061||23.9||18.8||+834|
|Certificate Level, nfd||753||2.5||2.3||610||2.1||1.9||+143|
|Inadequately described or not stated||791||2.6||2.9||1,323||4.5||4.5||-532|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Wagga Wagga City in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 62.4% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 35.0% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Wagga Wagga City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (22.7% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.8% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (35.0% compared to 31.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (9.6% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Wagga Wagga City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+1,261 local workers)
- No qualification (-1,092 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+834 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+524 local workers)