Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Wanneroo's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Wanneroo depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Wanneroo - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||12,275||11.7||11.9||10,569||11.9||11.9||+1,706|
|16 hours - 24 hours||10,602||10.1||10.3||8,595||9.6||9.9||+2,007|
|25 hours - 34 hours||12,804||12.2||11.6||10,031||11.3||10.7||+2,773|
|35 hours - 39 hours||21,035||20.1||18.0||17,364||19.5||17.2||+3,671|
|41 hours - 48 hours||8,856||8.5||9.2||7,803||8.8||9.5||+1,053|
|49 hours or more||14,745||14.1||16.3||12,807||14.4||17.3||+1,938|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Wanneroo's resident workers in 2021 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.4% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 59.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 38.2% and 60.2% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Wanneroo and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.2% compared to 11.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (20.1% compared to 18.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.5% compared to 9.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.1% compared to 16.3%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Wanneroo increased by 7672 people (14.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Wanneroo between2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+3,671 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+2,773 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+2,007 persons)
- 49 hours or more (+1,938 persons)