Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the City of Wanneroo across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2021|
|City of Wanneroo - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||7,541||14.4||11.8||6,490||14.7||11.9||+1,051|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,926||11.3||10.2||4,754||10.8||9.9||+1,172|
|25 hours - 34 hours||6,708||12.8||11.5||5,239||11.9||10.6||+1,469|
|35 hours - 39 hours||9,602||18.4||17.9||7,839||17.8||17.1||+1,763|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4,473||8.6||9.2||3,729||8.5||9.4||+744|
|49 hours or more||6,769||13.0||16.5||6,024||13.7||17.7||+745|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Wanneroo in 2021compared to Western Australia within the City of Wanneroo shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 41.9% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 56.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 38.2% and 60.2% respectively for Western Australia within the City of Wanneroo.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Wanneroo and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who did not work (3.3% compared to 4.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.4% compared to 11.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.8% compared to 11.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (13.0% compared to 16.5%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the City of Wanneroo between 2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,763 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,469 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+1,172 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+1,051 local workers)