Waverley Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Waverley Council area, the workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Waverley Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||10,093||41.5||32.6||7,883||38.0||27.9||+2,210|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,191||13.1||11.1||2,852||13.7||10.5||+339|
|Certificate I and II Level||179||0.7||1.2||192||0.9||1.4||-13|
|Certificate III & IV Level||2,770||11.4||18.7||2,461||11.9||18.8||+309|
|Certificate Level, nfd||518||2.1||2.3||335||1.6||1.9||+183|
|Inadequately described or not stated||736||3.0||2.9||1,016||4.9||4.5||-280|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Waverley Council area in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 68.8% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 28.2% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Waverley Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (41.5% compared to 32.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (11.4% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (28.2% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (13.1% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Waverley Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+2,210 local workers)
- No qualification (+838 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+339 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+309 local workers)