There are more resident workers (Education and Training) Professionals in Willoughby City than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Willoughby City's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||60||2.1||2.5||45||1.9||2.7||+15|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||380||13.5||14.7||239||10.1||12.1||+141|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||277||9.9||11.0||249||10.5||11.3||+28|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||8||0.3||0.4||6||0.3||0.4||+2|
|Inadequately described or not stated||21||0.7||0.5||15||0.6||0.6||+6|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Willoughby City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (1,748 people or 62.2%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (380 people or 13.5%)
- Managers (277 people or 9.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,405 people in total or 85.5% of the resident workers (Education and Training).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 60.8% in Professionals; 14.7% in Community and Personal Service Workers and 7.9% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Education and Training) of Willoughby City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Education and Training) employed as Managers (9.9% compared to 7.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Education and Training) employed as Professionals (62.2% compared to 60.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Education and Training) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.5% compared to 14.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Education and Training) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (9.9% compared to 11.0%)
The number of resident workers (Education and Training) in Willoughby City increased by 449 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Willoughby City were those employed as:
- Professionals (+175 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+141 persons)
- Managers (+70 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+28 persons)