Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Willoughby City across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2021|
|Willoughby City - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||5,728||9.1||10.8||5,562||9.4||10.8||+166|
|16 hours - 24 hours||6,720||10.7||10.5||6,427||10.8||10.5||+293|
|25 hours - 34 hours||5,343||8.5||10.0||5,106||8.6||10.5||+237|
|35 hours - 39 hours||12,804||20.4||20.4||10,704||18.0||19.1||+2,100|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4,599||7.3||7.4||5,773||9.7||9.1||-1,174|
|49 hours or more||6,965||11.1||11.5||8,839||14.9||14.9||-1,874|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Willoughby City in 2021compared to New South Wales within Willoughby City shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 37.3% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 61.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.3% and 58.0% respectively for New South Wales within Willoughby City.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Willoughby City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.1% compared to 10.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (8.5% compared to 10.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (22.6% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (11.1% compared to 11.5%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in Willoughby City between 2016 and 2021 were:
- None (+4,021 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+2,100 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-1,874 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-1,174 local workers)