Woollahra Municipal Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
58.4% of the resident workers in Woollahra Municipal Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Woollahra Municipal Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Woollahra Municipal Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Woollahra Municipal Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,707||9.7||10.8||2,565||9.7||10.4||+142||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,522||9.0||10.4||2,253||8.5||9.7||+269||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,396||8.6||10.5||2,162||8.1||9.8||+234||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,894||10.3||19.1||2,528||9.5||18.2||+366||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,957||10.6||9.1||3,064||11.5||10.0||-107||22007|
|49 hours or more||7,676||27.4||14.9||7,567||28.5||16.4||+109||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Woollahra Municipal Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 29.9% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 68.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Woollahra Municipal Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (27.4% compared to 14.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (10.6% compared to 9.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (10.3% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (8.6% compared to 10.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Woollahra Municipal Council area increased by 1,050 people (5.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Woollahra Municipal Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (+682 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+366 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+269 people)
- None (-245 people)