City of Wyndham
Resident workers - Hours worked
42.1% of the resident workers in the City of Wyndham work 40 or more hours, compared to 42.4% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the City of Wyndham's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the City of Wyndham depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Wyndham||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||9,621||9.8||12.0||7,025||9.1||11.4||+2,596||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||9,148||9.3||10.5||6,262||8.1||9.7||+2,886||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||10,021||10.2||11.2||6,954||9.0||10.1||+3,067||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||23,125||23.5||18.7||16,549||21.4||17.6||+6,576||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||8,365||8.5||9.2||7,877||10.2||10.2||+488||22007|
|49 hours or more||10,987||11.2||13.7||10,559||13.7||15.2||+428||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Wyndham's resident workers in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 32.2% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 65.6% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 37.0% and 61.1% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the City of Wyndham and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (23.5% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (22.5% compared to 19.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (11.2% compared to 13.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.8% compared to 12.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Wyndham increased by 12,178 people (23.2%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the City of Wyndham between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+6,576 people)
- 40 hours (+4,686 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+3,067 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+2,886 people)