Resident workers - Hours worked
34.2% of the resident workers in the Lismore City work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Lismore City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Lismore City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,490||13.7||10.8||2,490||13.5||10.4||0||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,064||11.4||10.4||1,982||10.7||9.7||+82||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,782||15.3||10.5||2,553||13.8||9.8||+229||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,694||20.3||19.1||3,746||20.3||18.2||-52||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,324||7.3||9.1||1,522||8.2||10.0||-198||22007|
|49 hours or more||2,214||12.2||14.9||2,395||13.0||16.4||-181||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Lismore City's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 43.6% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 54.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Lismore City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (15.3% compared to 10.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.7% compared to 10.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.7% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (12.2% compared to 14.9%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Lismore City decreased by 480 people (4.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Lismore City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+229 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-198 people)
- 49 hours or more (-181 people)
- None (-126 people)