Livingstone Shire Council area
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In Livingstone Shire Council area, 15.3% of workers were Labourers, compared to 19.9% in Queensland.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Livingstone Shire Council area will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Livingstone Shire Council area;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Livingstone Shire Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,287||14.5||14.2||1,169||14.3||14.9||+118|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,300||14.6||11.4||1,058||13.0||10.0||+242|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,095||12.3||13.7||977||12.0||14.7||+118|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||446||5.0||6.9||515||6.3||7.3||-69|
|Inadequately described or not stated||123||1.4||1.6||147||1.8||1.8||-24|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Livingstone Shire Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (1,359 local workers or 15.3%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (1,300 local workers or 14.6%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,287 local workers or 14.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 3,946 people in total or 44.4% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Queensland employed 10.6% as Labourers; 11.4% as Community and Personal Service Workers and 14.2% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Livingstone Shire Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (13.9% compared to 19.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (15.3% compared to 10.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (14.6% compared to 11.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (5.0% compared to 6.9%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Livingstone Shire Council area between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+242 local workers)
- Professionals (+152 local workers)
- Labourers (+135 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+118 local workers)