City of Gosnells
Local workers - Field of qualification - All industries
Field of Qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to the current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the workforce;
- The type of qualification required to enter an industry;
- The availability of jobs related to fields of qualification in the City of Gosnells;
- The types of occupations which are available in an area or industry.
The fields of qualification held by local workers in a particular industry are likely to show the type of skills required in that industry. Large numbers of a particular field of qualification in an industry may indicate that it is a pre-requisite for that industry. The presence of fields of qualification outside the main range of qualifications used in that industry may indicate that the industry values employees of a broad educational background, or that people haven't been able to find employment in their chosen field.
Field of Qualification information should be looked at in conjunction with Level of qualification and Occupation data for a clearer picture of the skills available for the local workers in the City of Gosnells.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers field of qualification - Summary|
|City of Gosnells - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||423||1.74||2.47||310||1.36||2.26||+113|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||3,168||13.03||14.41||2,820||12.45||14.03||+348|
|Architecture and Building||909||3.73||4.34||843||3.72||4.12||+66|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||280||1.15||1.57||232||1.02||1.54||+48|
|Management and Commerce||2,520||10.36||12.92||1,959||8.65||11.35||+561|
|Society and Culture||2,086||8.58||7.23||1,579||6.97||6.19||+507|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||890||3.66||3.72||757||3.34||3.41||+133|
|Mixed Field Programmes||32||0.13||0.10||14||0.06||0.06||+18|
|Not stated or inadequately described||577||2.37||2.49||821||3.62||3.20||-244|
Analysis of the fields of qualifications of the All industries shows that the three largest fields of qualification were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (3,168 people or 13.0%)
- Management and Commerce (2,520 people or 10.4%)
- Education (2,276 people or 9.4%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 7,964 people in total or32.8% of All industries.
In comparison, Western Australia employed 14.4% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 12.9% in Management and Commerce and 5.7% in Education.
The major differences between the fields of qualifications of the workforce in City of Gosnells and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Education (9.4% compared to 5.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Management and Commerce (10.4% compared to 12.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Health (5.5% compared to 7.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Engineering and Related Technologies (13.0% compared to 14.4%)
The largest changes in fields of qualifications of the total workforce in City of Gosnells between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Management and Commerce (+561.00 local workers)
- Society and Culture (+507.00 local workers)
- Education (+382.00 local workers)
- Health (+373.00 local workers)