Armidale Regional Council
Resident workers - Hours worked
37.3% of the resident workers in the Armidale Regional Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Armidale Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Armidale Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Armidale Regional Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,733||14.1||10.8||1,639||13.4||10.4||+94||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,249||10.1||10.4||1,193||9.8||9.7||+56||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,474||12.0||10.5||1,345||11.0||9.8||+129||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,529||20.5||19.1||2,387||19.6||18.2||+142||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||968||7.9||9.1||1,076||8.8||10.0||-108||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,901||15.4||14.9||1,966||16.1||16.4||-65||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Armidale Regional Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 40.2% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 57.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Armidale Regional Council and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.1% compared to 10.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.0% compared to 10.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (20.5% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.0% compared to 20.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Armidale Regional Council decreased by 128 people (1.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Armidale Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+142 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+129 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-108 people)
- 40 hours (-97 people)