Fraser Coast Regional Council
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Professionals in the Fraser Coast Regional Council than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the Fraser Coast Regional Council's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Fraser Coast Regional Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||4,736||14.7||14.3||5,039||15.6||14.9||-303|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4,791||14.8||11.3||4,224||13.1||10.0||+567|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,967||12.3||13.6||4,359||13.5||14.7||-392|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||2,322||7.2||6.9||2,434||7.6||7.3||-112|
|Inadequately described or not stated||492||1.5||1.6||569||1.8||1.8||-77|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the Fraser Coast Regional Council in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (5,164 people or 16.0%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (4,791 people or 14.8%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (4,736 people or 14.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 14,691 people in total or 45.5% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Queensland employed 19.8% in Professionals; 11.3% in Community and Personal Service Workers and 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the Fraser Coast Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (16.0% compared to 19.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (14.8% compared to 11.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (9.9% compared to 12.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (12.5% compared to 10.5%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the Fraser Coast Regional Council increased by 44 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Fraser Coast Regional Council were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+567 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-392 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-303 persons)
- Professionals (+270 persons)