Fraser Coast Regional Council
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Fraser Coast Regional Council, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Fraser Coast Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||5,038||17.3||25.1||4,272||14.6||21.5||+766|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,131||10.7||10.9||2,691||9.2||9.3||+440|
|Certificate I and II Level||602||2.1||1.3||665||2.3||1.5||-63|
|Certificate III & IV Level||7,909||27.1||23.0||7,363||25.2||21.6||+546|
|Certificate Level, nfd||726||2.5||2.0||598||2.1||1.7||+128|
|Inadequately described or not stated||936||3.2||2.7||1,343||4.6||3.8||-407|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Fraser Coast Regional Council in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 59.7% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 37.1% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Fraser Coast Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.3% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (27.1% compared to 23.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (37.1% compared to 35.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Level (2.1% compared to 1.3%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Fraser Coast Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-1,429 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+766 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+546 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+440 local workers)