Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Goulburn Mulwaree Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Goulburn Mulwaree Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Goulburn Mulwaree - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,289||10.1||10.8||1,154||9.5||10.4||+135|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,284||10.1||10.4||1,176||9.7||9.7||+108|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,549||12.2||10.5||1,376||11.4||9.8||+173|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,811||22.1||19.1||2,579||21.3||18.2||+232|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,024||8.0||9.1||1,136||9.4||10.0||-112|
|49 hours or more||1,886||14.8||14.9||1,949||16.1||16.4||-63|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Goulburn Mulwaree Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 36.3% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 61.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Goulburn Mulwaree Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.2% compared to 10.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (22.1% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (16.8% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.0% compared to 9.1%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Goulburn Mulwaree Council area increased by 197 people (2.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Goulburn Mulwaree Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+232 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+173 persons)
- 40 hours (+140 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+135 persons)