Goulburn Mulwaree Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Goulburn Mulwaree Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Goulburn Mulwaree Council area||2021||2016||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2016 - 2021|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,129||14.8||11.9||1,846||14.5||12.7||+283|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,136||14.9||10.6||1,945||15.3||10.4||+191|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,665||11.6||13.0||1,552||12.2||13.8||+113|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,231||8.6||6.0||1,087||8.5||6.1||+144|
|Inadequately described or not stated||301||2.1||1.9||214||1.7||1.8||+87|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Goulburn Mulwaree Council area in 2021shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (2,136 people or 14.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,129 people or 14.8%)
- Professionals (2,106 people or 14.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 6,371 people in total or 44.4% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 10.6% in Community and Personal Service Workers; 11.9% in Technicians and Trades Workers and 25.8% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Goulburn Mulwaree Council area and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (14.7% compared to 25.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (14.9% compared to 10.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (12.2% compared to 8.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (14.8% compared to 11.9%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Goulburn Mulwaree Council area increased by 1,629 between 2016 and 2021.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2016 and 2021 in Goulburn Mulwaree Council area were those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+283 persons)
- Managers (+278 persons)
- Professionals (+262 persons)
- Labourers (+248 persons)