48.3% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Murweh Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Murweh Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Murweh Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Murweh Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||173||8.4||11.0||207||9.1||10.4||-34|
|16 hours - 24 hours||128||6.2||9.4||143||6.3||8.8||-15|
|25 hours - 34 hours||219||10.6||12.0||189||8.3||10.8||+30|
|35 hours - 39 hours||413||20.1||19.2||428||18.8||18.1||-15|
|41 hours - 48 hours||155||7.5||9.4||170||7.5||10.5||-15|
|49 hours or more||486||23.6||16.6||570||25.0||18.4||-84|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Murweh Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 28.8% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 68.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Murweh Shire and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (8.4% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (6.2% compared to 9.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (7.5% compared to 9.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (23.6% compared to 16.6%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Murweh Shire decreased by 175 people (-11.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Murweh Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-84 persons)
- 40 hours (-61 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-34 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+30 persons)