Local sales by industry measures the output of local industries that is sold locally. This includes sales to local consumers, businesses and other organisations.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, local sales data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
- Excel full
- Word full
|Local sales by industry sector|
|Paroo Shire - Constant prices||2019/20||2014/15||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||Queensland||$m||%||Queensland||2014/15 - 2019/20|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||12.9||20.6||1.5||32.3||29.8||2.4||-19.3|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||0.3||0.4||4.6||3.7||3.4||3.9||-3.5|
|Accommodation and Food Services||3.8||6.0||2.6||7.1||6.6||2.5||-3.4|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||3.1||4.9||5.3||3.8||3.5||4.8||-0.7|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||--||--||2.3||0.7||0.6||1.7||-0.7|
|Financial and Insurance Services||--||--||6.1||0.2||0.2||5.7||-0.2|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2.3||3.7||11.6||9.0||8.3||11.4||-6.7|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||--||--||6.7||1.7||1.6||6.1||-1.7|
|Administrative and Support Services||0.2||0.3||3.3||1.1||1.0||3.4||-0.9|
|Public Administration and Safety||7.4||11.9||4.5||7.4||6.8||4.1||+0.0|
|Education and Training||3.6||5.8||4.0||3.8||3.5||3.7||-0.2|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||8.1||12.9||7.2||6.7||6.2||5.3||+1.4|
|Arts and Recreation Services||0.2||0.3||1.0||0.4||0.3||0.9||-0.1|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2021. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (informed decisions) NIEIR-ID data are adjusted each year, using updated employment estimates. .id (informed decisions). Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more
An analysis of the local sales by industry sectors in the Paroo Shire in 2018/19 shows the three largest industries were:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing ($13million or 20.6%)
- Construction ($12million or 18.6%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance ($8million or 12.9%)
In combination these three industries accounted for $33 million in total or 52.1% of the total local sales by total industry in the the Paroo Shire.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in Queensland accounted for 1.5% in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing; 20.6% in Construction and 7.2% in Health Care and Social Assistance.
The major differences between local sales by industries of the Paroo Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local sales by Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (20.6% compared to 1.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (3.7% compared to 11.6%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Public Administration and Safety (11.9% compared to 4.5%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Health Care and Social Assistance (12.9% compared to 7.2%)
The total local sales by industry in the Paroo Shire $decreased by -46 million between 2014/15 and 2019/20.
The largest changes in the local sales by industries between 2014/15 and 2019/20 in the Paroo Shire were for:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (-$19 million)
- Construction (-$7 million)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (-$7 million)
- Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services (-$3 million)