Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Rockingham's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Rockingham depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Rockingham - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||6,174||11.3||11.9||4,834||10.1||10.8||+1,340|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,098||9.3||9.9||4,058||8.4||9.2||+1,040|
|25 hours - 34 hours||5,678||10.4||10.7||4,708||9.8||9.5||+970|
|35 hours - 39 hours||9,879||18.0||17.2||8,057||16.8||15.8||+1,822|
|41 hours - 48 hours||5,488||10.0||9.5||5,233||10.9||10.9||+255|
|49 hours or more||9,548||17.4||17.3||9,304||19.3||19.6||+244|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Rockingham's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.3% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 63.0% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Rockingham and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.3% compared to 11.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (9.3% compared to 9.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (18.0% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (10.0% compared to 9.5%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Rockingham increased by 3531 people (11.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Rockingham between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,822 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+1,340 persons)
- 40 hours (+1,210 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+1,040 persons)