Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Rockingham's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Rockingham depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Rockingham - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||7,010||11.1||11.9||6,174||11.3||11.9||+836|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,990||9.5||10.3||5,098||9.3||9.9||+892|
|25 hours - 34 hours||7,202||11.4||11.6||5,678||10.4||10.7||+1,524|
|35 hours - 39 hours||11,474||18.2||18.0||9,879||18.0||17.2||+1,595|
|41 hours - 48 hours||5,756||9.1||9.2||5,488||10.0||9.5||+268|
|49 hours or more||11,031||17.5||16.3||9,548||17.4||17.3||+1,483|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Rockingham's resident workers in 2021 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 37.4% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 60.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 38.2% and 60.2% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Rockingham and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (5.4% compared to 4.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.1% compared to 11.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (9.5% compared to 10.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (17.5% compared to 16.3%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Rockingham increased by 3805 people (11.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Rockingham between2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,595 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,524 persons)
- 49 hours or more (+1,483 persons)
- None (+950 persons)