Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Tamworth Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Tamworth Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Tamworth Regional Council - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,985||10.4||10.8||2,676||10.3||10.8||+309|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,545||8.9||10.4||2,356||9.1||10.4||+189|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,390||11.8||10.0||2,983||11.5||10.5||+407|
|35 hours - 39 hours||6,257||21.8||20.4||5,245||20.2||19.1||+1,012|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,562||8.9||7.4||2,443||9.4||9.1||+119|
|49 hours or more||4,200||14.7||11.5||4,109||15.8||14.9||+91|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Tamworth Regional Council's resident workers in 2021 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.4% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 62.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.3% and 58.0% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Tamworth Regional Council and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked None (4.3% compared to 9.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.8% compared to 10.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.9% compared to 7.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.7% compared to 11.5%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Tamworth Regional Council increased by 1488 people (9.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Tamworth Regional Council between2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,012 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+407 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+309 persons)
- None (+294 persons)