Woollahra Municipal Council area
Resident workers - Field of qualification
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Woollahra Municipal Council area's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Woollahra Municipal Council area or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Woollahra Municipal Council area, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 and 2021 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Woollahra Municipal Council area - Persons||2021||2016||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2016 - 2021|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||742||2.6||2.3||721||2.6||2.1||+21|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||1,137||4.0||10.0||1,191||4.3||10.4||-54|
|Architecture and Building||1,069||3.8||4.3||1,030||3.7||4.4||+39|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||165||0.6||1.5||164||0.6||1.5||+1|
|Management and Commerce||7,956||28.2||18.3||7,282||26.0||17.1||+674|
|Society and Culture||5,451||19.3||9.7||5,114||18.3||8.8||+337|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||504||1.8||3.2||615||2.2||3.3||-111|
|Mixed Field Programmes||19||0.1||0.1||16||0.1||0.1||+3|
|Not stated or inadequately described||813||2.9||2.8||826||2.9||2.7||-13|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Woollahra Municipal Council area shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (All industries) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (7,956 people or 28.2%)
- Society and Culture (5,451 people or 19.3%)
- Health (2,352 people or 8.3%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 15,759 people in total or 55.8% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 18.3% in Management and Commerce; 9.7% in Society and Culture and 8.0% in Health.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers () of Woollahra Municipal Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce (28.2% compared to 18.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Society and Culture (19.3% compared to 9.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (4.0% compared to 10.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Creative Arts (8.1% compared to 3.4%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Woollahra Municipal Council area increased by 214 between 2016 and 2021.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (All industries) between 2016 and 2021 in Woollahra Municipal Council area was for those qualified in:
- Management and Commerce (+674 resident workers)
- Society and Culture (+337 resident workers)
- Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (-111 resident workers)
- Education (-76 resident workers)