Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
31.7% of local workers in the Balonne Shire are employed part-time and 65.9% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Balonne Shire across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers hours worked|
|Balonne Shire - All industries||2016|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland %|
|1 hour - 15 hours||203||9.6||11.0||0||0.0||0.0||+203||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||162||7.7||9.4||0||0.0||0.0||+162||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||234||11.1||12.0||0||0.0||0.0||+234||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||266||12.6||19.3||0||0.0||0.0||+266||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||155||7.3||9.4||0||0.0||0.0||+155||22007|
|49 hours or more||646||30.6||16.4||0||0.0||0.0||+646||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id, the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Balonne Shire in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 31.7% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 65.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.9% and 62.3% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the in the Balonne Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (30.6% compared to 16.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (12.6% compared to 19.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (7.3% compared to 9.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (15.3% compared to 17.2%)