Hilltops Council area
Imports by industry are sales of goods and services from industries located outside the Hilltops Council area Plains boundaries to resident households, businesses and other organisations within the area. Imports (domestic) includes all imports from other parts of Australia to the Region.Imports (international) includes the value of all imports to the area from outside Australia.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, import data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|Hilltops Council area||2019/20||2014/15||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||NSW||$m||%||NSW||2014/15 - 2019/20|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||21.3||2.1||4.0||28.9||3.3||5.1||-7.6|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||29.8||3.0||3.2||16.4||1.9||2.8||+13.3|
|Accommodation and Food Services||17.2||1.7||3.1||21.6||2.5||3.4||-4.4|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||56.1||5.7||7.2||52.6||6.1||7.6||+3.5|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||40.6||4.1||4.2||36.3||4.2||4.0||+4.3|
|Financial and Insurance Services||88.1||8.9||10.0||76.0||8.8||9.5||+12.1|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||9.0||0.9||0.6||3.9||0.5||0.6||+5.1|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||89.5||9.0||6.4||72.1||8.3||5.9||+17.4|
|Administrative and Support Services||21.6||2.2||1.9||15.5||1.8||1.7||+6.1|
|Public Administration and Safety||72.4||7.3||5.9||68.0||7.9||5.7||+4.5|
|Education and Training||23.7||2.4||2.8||24.0||2.8||2.8||-0.4|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||74.1||7.5||5.5||41.2||4.8||4.0||+32.9|
|Arts and Recreation Services||20.5||2.1||2.0||19.0||2.2||2.0||+1.4|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2021. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (informed decisions). Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn morePlease refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the total imports by industry sectors in the Hilltops Council area in 2018/19 shows the three largest industries were:
- Manufacturing ($328 million or 33.0%)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services ($90 million or 9.0%)
- Financial and Insurance Services ($88 million or 8.9%)
In combination these three industries accounted for $505 million in total or 50.9% of the total imports by industry in the the Hilltops Council area.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in NSW accounted for 31.8% in Manufacturing; 6.4% in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services and 10.0% in Financial and Insurance Services.
The major differences between total imports by industries of the Hilltops Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of total imports by Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (9.0% compared to 6.4%)
- A larger percentage of total imports by Health Care and Social Assistance (7.5% compared to 5.5%)
- A smaller percentage of total imports by Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (2.1% compared to 4.0%)
- A smaller percentage of total imports by Transport, Postal and Warehousing (5.7% compared to 7.2%)
The total total imports by industry in the Hilltops Council area increased by $128 million between 2014/15 and 2019/20.
The largest changes in the total imports by industries between 2014/15 and 2019/20 in the Hilltops Council area were for:
- Manufacturing (+$35 million)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+$33 million)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (+$17 million)
- Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services (+$13 million)