Ku-ring-gai Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 & 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Ku-ring-gai Council area - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2016 - 2021|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||18,683||55.6||38.4||14,249||47.1||32.6||+4,434|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,866||11.5||11.0||3,807||12.6||11.1||+59|
|Certificate I and II Level||255||0.8||1.2||220||0.7||1.2||+35|
|Certificate III & IV Level||2,872||8.6||18.1||3,226||10.7||18.7||-354|
|Certificate Level, nfd||618||1.8||1.9||736||2.4||2.3||-118|
|Inadequately described or not stated||752||2.2||2.3||855||2.8||2.9||-103|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Ku-ring-gai Council area in 2021 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 78.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 19.5% had no qualifications, compared with 70.7% and 27.0% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Ku-ring-gai Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (55.6% compared to 38.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (8.6% compared to 18.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (19.5% compared to 27.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (11.5% compared to 11.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Ku-ring-gai Council area between 2016 and 2021 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+4,434 local workers)
- No qualification (-596 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-354 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (-118 local workers)