Imports by industry are sales of goods and services from industries located outside City of Port Adelaide Enfield Plains boundaries to resident households, businesses and other organisations within the area. Imports (domestic) includes all imports from other parts of Australia to the Region.Imports (international) includes the value of all imports to the area from outside Australia.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, import data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|City of Port Adelaide Enfield||2019/20||2014/15||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||South Australia||$m||%||South Australia||2014/15 - 2019/20|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||493.7||6.2||3.4||563.6||7.3||4.4||-69.9|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||116.9||1.5||2.8||95.9||1.2||2.5||+21.0|
|Accommodation and Food Services||204.7||2.6||3.4||189.5||2.4||3.3||+15.1|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||325.8||4.1||6.4||268.8||3.5||6.4||+57.0|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||332.2||4.2||3.7||296.8||3.8||3.4||+35.4|
|Financial and Insurance Services||1,050.6||13.2||10.4||727.0||9.4||9.2||+323.6|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||28.3||0.4||0.8||26.3||0.3||0.6||+2.0|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||918.8||11.6||6.6||789.1||10.2||6.8||+129.7|
|Administrative and Support Services||308.2||3.9||2.0||208.2||2.7||1.8||+100.1|
|Public Administration and Safety||291.5||3.7||7.7||229.9||3.0||7.9||+61.6|
|Education and Training||139.0||1.8||3.3||118.1||1.5||3.5||+20.9|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||459.7||5.8||8.0||307.4||4.0||5.7||+152.3|
|Arts and Recreation Services||130.8||1.6||1.9||103.4||1.3||2.0||+27.5|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2021. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id informed decisions. Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn morePlease refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the total imports by industry sectors in City of Port Adelaide Enfield in 2018/19 shows the three largest industries were:
- Manufacturing ($2,502 million or 31.5%)
- Financial and Insurance Services ($1,051 million or 13.2%)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services ($919 million or 11.6%)
In combination these three industries accounted for $4,471 million in total or 56.3% of the total imports by industry in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in South Australia accounted for 30.0% in Manufacturing; 10.4% in Financial and Insurance Services and 6.6% in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
The major differences between total imports by industries of City of Port Adelaide Enfield and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of total imports by Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (11.6% compared to 6.6%)
- A smaller percentage of total imports by Public Administration and Safety (3.7% compared to 7.7%)
- A larger percentage of total imports by Financial and Insurance Services (13.2% compared to 10.4%)
- A larger percentage of total imports by Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (6.2% compared to 3.4%)
The total total imports by industry in City of Port Adelaide Enfield increased by $186 million between 2014/15 and 2019/20.
The largest changes in the total imports by industries between 2014/15 and 2019/20 in City of Port Adelaide Enfield were for:
- Financial and Insurance Services (+$324 million)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+$152 million)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (+$130 million)
- Administrative and Support Services (+$100 million)