Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area, 18.0% of workers were Technicians and Trades Workers, compared to 23.6% in NSW.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||NSW||Number||%||NSW||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,642||18.0||12.7||2,512||17.5||13.2||+130|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,602||10.9||10.4||1,413||9.8||9.5||+189|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,972||13.4||13.8||2,059||14.3||15.0||-87|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,064||7.2||6.1||1,125||7.8||6.4||-61|
|Inadequately described or not stated||270||1.8||1.8||230||1.6||1.8||+40|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,642 local workers or 18.0%)
- Professionals (2,295 local workers or 15.6%)
- Managers (2,185 local workers or 14.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 7,122 people in total or 48.4% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, NSW employed 12.7% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 23.6% as Professionals and 13.5% as Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area and NSW were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (15.6% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (18.0% compared to 12.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (14.9% compared to 13.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (7.2% compared to 6.1%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+189 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+130 local workers)
- Professionals (+107 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-87 local workers)