Upper Lachlan Shire
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Upper Lachlan Shire, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Upper Lachlan Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||418||16.8||32.6||314||14.1||27.9||+104|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||270||10.9||11.1||189||8.5||10.5||+81|
|Certificate I and II Level||43||1.7||1.2||40||1.8||1.4||+3|
|Certificate III & IV Level||581||23.4||18.7||508||22.8||18.8||+73|
|Certificate Level, nfd||78||3.1||2.3||57||2.6||1.9||+21|
|Inadequately described or not stated||88||3.5||2.9||125||5.6||4.5||-37|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Upper Lachlan Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 56.0% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.5% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Upper Lachlan Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (16.8% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.5% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (23.4% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate Level, nfd (3.1% compared to 2.3%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Upper Lachlan Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+104 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+81 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+73 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+21 local workers)