44.6% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Town of Victoria Park work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.6% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Town of Victoria Park's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Town of Victoria Park depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Town of Victoria Park - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,937||11.1||11.9||1,670||10.0||10.8||+267|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,912||10.9||9.9||1,691||10.1||9.2||+221|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,670||9.6||10.7||1,391||8.3||9.5||+279|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,278||18.8||17.2||2,996||17.9||15.8||+282|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,709||9.8||9.5||1,992||11.9||10.9||-283|
|49 hours or more||2,544||14.6||17.3||2,720||16.2||19.6||-176|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Town of Victoria Park's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.0% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 63.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Town of Victoria Park and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (9.6% compared to 10.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (18.8% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (20.3% compared to 17.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.6% compared to 17.3%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Town of Victoria Park increased by 8 people (0.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Town of Victoria Park between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-283 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+282 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+279 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+267 persons)