Town of Victoria Park
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the Town of Victoria Park, 25.2% of workers were Professionals, compared to 20.4% in Western Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Town of Victoria Park will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Town of Victoria Park;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Town of Victoria Park - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,809||13.6||16.4||3,187||12.6||16.8||+622|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4,700||16.8||10.5||3,916||15.5||9.4||+784|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,673||13.1||12.9||3,948||15.6||14.3||-275|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,048||3.7||7.6||827||3.3||7.7||+221|
|Inadequately described or not stated||404||1.4||1.7||358||1.4||1.5||+46|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the Town of Victoria Park in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (7,067 local workers or 25.2%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (4,700 local workers or 16.8%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (3,809 local workers or 13.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 15,576 people in total or 55.6% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Western Australia employed 20.4% as Professionals; 10.5% as Community and Personal Service Workers and 16.4% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the Town of Victoria Park and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (16.8% compared to 10.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (25.2% compared to 20.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (3.7% compared to 7.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (5.9% compared to 8.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the Town of Victoria Park between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+784 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+622 local workers)
- Professionals (+560 local workers)
- Labourers (+419 local workers)