Health Care and Social Assistance employs more of the Town of Victoria Park's resident workforce than any other industry sector.
Industry sector data identifies the industries in which the residents of an area work either within the residing area or elsewhere. Comparing the industry sectors in which the Town of Victoria Park residents are employed in the industry sectors that are located in the Town of Victoria Park, indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents, or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Industry sector statistics in the Town of Victoria Park are influenced by a range of factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available within commuting distance;
- The educational levels of the local population; and
- The working and social aspirations of the local population.
Industry sector data should be viewed in conjunction with Residents place of work.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers industry of employment|
|Town of Victoria Park - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Industry (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||84||0.5||2.5||37||0.2||2.3||+47|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||171||1.0||1.2||170||1.0||1.1||+1|
|Accommodation and Food Services||1,639||9.4||6.4||1,396||7.9||5.6||+243|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||721||4.1||4.6||715||4.0||4.3||+6|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||264||1.5||1.0||249||1.4||1.0||+15|
|Financial and Insurance Services||485||2.8||2.4||537||3.0||2.4||-52|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||341||1.9||1.7||287||1.6||1.7||+54|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||1,723||9.8||6.4||1,946||11.0||6.9||-223|
|Administrative and Support Services||695||4.0||3.3||666||3.8||3.0||+29|
|Public Administration and Safety||1,177||6.7||6.2||1,223||6.9||6.0||-46|
|Education and Training||1,607||9.2||8.7||1,329||7.5||7.6||+278|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||1,919||11.0||11.7||1,695||9.6||9.9||+224|
|Arts and Recreation Services||450||2.6||1.6||362||2.0||1.3||+88|
|Industry not classified||748||4.3||4.6||345||1.9||2.1||+403|
Analysis of the jobs held by the resident workforce in the Town of Victoria Park in 2016 shows the three most popular industry sectors were:
- Health Care and Social Assistance (1,919 people or 11.0%)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (1,723 people or 9.8%)
- Accommodation and Food Services (1,639 people or 9.4%)
In combination these three industries employed 5,281 people in total or 30.2% of the total resident workforce.
In comparison, Western Australia employed 11.7% in Health Care and Social Assistance; 6.4% in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services and 6.4% in Accommodation and Food Services.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workforce of the Town of Victoria Park and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workforce employed in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (9.8% compared to 6.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workforce employed in Accommodation and Food Services (9.4% compared to 6.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (0.5% compared to 2.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Construction (8.1% compared to 9.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the resident workforce between 2011 and 2016 in the Town of Victoria Park were for those employed in:
- Industry not classified (+403 resident workforce)
- Manufacturing (-348 resident workforce)
- Education and Training (+278 resident workforce)
- Accommodation and Food Services (+243 resident workforce)