Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Wanneroo will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Wanneroo;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 & 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Wanneroo - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2016 - 2021|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||9,636||18.4||15.4||8,293||18.8||16.4||+1,343|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||6,812||13.0||11.8||5,060||11.5||10.5||+1,752|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||5,777||11.1||12.0||5,372||12.2||12.9||+405|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||4,002||7.7||7.8||3,345||7.6||7.6||+657|
|Inadequately described or not stated||832||1.6||1.7||691||1.6||1.7||+141|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the City of Wanneroo in 2021shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (9,636 local workers or 18.4%)
- Professionals (7,392 local workers or 14.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (6,812 local workers or 13.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 23,840 people in total or 45.6% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Western Australia employed 15.4% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 21.9% as Professionals and 11.8% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Wanneroo and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (14.1% compared to 21.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (18.4% compared to 15.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (12.2% compared to 9.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (10.1% compared to 7.7%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Wanneroo between2016 and 2021 were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,752 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+1,343 local workers)
- Professionals (+1,325 local workers)
- Managers (+1,152 local workers)