Exports by industry are sales of goods and services to non-resident households, businesses and other organisations, outside the City of Boroondara boundaries. Exports (domestic) include all exports from the area to other parts of Australia. Exports (international) includes all exports from the Region to countries outside Australia.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, export data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|Total exports by industry sector|
|City of Boroondara||2021/22||2016/17||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||Victoria||$m||%||Victoria||2016/17 - 2021/22|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||46.3||0.9||5.5||21.9||0.4||4.7||+24.4|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||11.7||0.2||4.2||14.1||0.3||4.3||-2.4|
|Accommodation and Food Services||31.1||0.6||1.3||92.8||1.8||2.8||-61.7|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||100.2||2.0||7.1||383.7||7.3||7.7||-283.4|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||60.8||1.2||5.5||56.0||1.1||5.0||+4.7|
|Financial and Insurance Services||573.4||11.5||13.5||476.2||9.1||12.2||+97.2|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||8.7||0.2||0.4||86.4||1.6||1.0||-77.7|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||1,783.1||35.6||8.2||1,464.5||27.9||7.3||+318.5|
|Administrative and Support Services||46.6||0.9||1.9||217.5||4.1||2.2||-170.9|
|Public Administration and Safety||31.0||0.6||5.9||22.1||0.4||4.9||+8.9|
|Education and Training||608.6||12.2||4.5||727.4||13.8||4.9||-118.9|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||762.7||15.2||6.0||635.1||12.1||5.4||+127.6|
|Arts and Recreation Services||36.5||0.7||2.3||58.7||1.1||2.5||-22.3|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2022. ©2023. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (informed decisions). Data are based on a 2020/21 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn morePlease refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the total exports by industry sectors in the City of Boroondara in 2021/22 shows the three largest industries were:
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (1,783 million or 35.6%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (763 million or 15.2%)
- Education and Training (609 million or 12.2%)
In combination these three industries accounted for 3,154 million in total or 63.0% of the total exports by industry in the the City of Boroondara.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in Victoria accounted for 8.2% in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services; 6.0% in Health Care and Social Assistance and 4.5% in Education and Training.
The major differences between the total exports by industries of the City of Boroondara and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of total exports by Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (35.6% compared to 8.2%)
- A smaller percentage of total exports by Manufacturing (5.3% compared to 21.2%)
- A larger percentage of total exports by Health Care and Social Assistance (15.2% compared to 6.0%)
- A larger percentage of total exports by Education and Training (12.2% compared to 4.5%)
The total total exports by industry in the City of Boroondara $decreased by -247 million between 2016/17 and 2021/22.
The largest changes in the total exports by industries between 2016/17 and 2021/22 in the City of Boroondara were for:
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (+$319 million)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+$128 million)
- Financial and Insurance Services (+$97 million)
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (+$24 million)