Broken Hill City
In 2017, the Household services sector accounted for 42.2% of employment in Broken Hill City. The importance of this sector has increased over the last 10 years (39.8% in 2007)
Understanding the economic role of Broken Hill City provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the Broken Hill City's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id the population experts
|Broken Hill City||2017||2012||2007|
|Public administration and safety||498||6.5||584||7.9||558||7.9||23500||-60.6748|
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||182||2.4||74||1.0||205||2.9||23000||-23.1542|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2016. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Data are based on a 2015-16 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more