Camden Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 & 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Camden Council area - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2016 - 2021|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||7,714||22.4||38.4||4,168||17.1||32.6||+3,546|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,881||11.3||11.0||2,557||10.5||11.1||+1,324|
|Certificate I and II Level||466||1.4||1.2||332||1.4||1.2||+134|
|Certificate III & IV Level||8,548||24.9||18.1||6,397||26.2||18.7||+2,151|
|Certificate Level, nfd||707||2.1||1.9||573||2.3||2.3||+134|
|Inadequately described or not stated||742||2.2||2.3||719||2.9||2.9||+23|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Camden Council area in 2021 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 62.0% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 35.9% had no qualifications, compared with 70.7% and 27.0% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Camden Council area and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (22.4% compared to 38.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (35.9% compared to 27.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (24.9% compared to 18.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (11.3% compared to 11.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Camden Council area between 2016 and 2021 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+3,546 local workers)
- No qualification (+2,640 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+2,151 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+1,324 local workers)