Camden Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Camden Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Camden Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||4,168||17.1||32.6||2,627||14.9||27.9||+1,541|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,557||10.5||11.1||1,517||8.6||10.5||+1,040|
|Certificate I and II Level||332||1.4||1.2||262||1.5||1.4||+70|
|Certificate III & IV Level||6,397||26.2||18.7||4,345||24.6||18.8||+2,052|
|Certificate Level, nfd||573||2.3||2.3||392||2.2||1.9||+181|
|Inadequately described or not stated||719||2.9||2.9||839||4.7||4.5||-120|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Camden Council area in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 57.4% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 39.7% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Camden Council area and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.1% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (39.7% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (26.2% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.5% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Camden Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+2,052 local workers)
- No qualification (+2,000 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+1,541 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+1,040 local workers)