Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Kyogle Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Kyogle Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Kyogle Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||426||13.2||10.8||427||12.5||10.4||-1|
|16 hours - 24 hours||382||11.8||10.4||369||10.8||9.7||+13|
|25 hours - 34 hours||457||14.1||10.5||460||13.4||9.8||-3|
|35 hours - 39 hours||488||15.1||19.1||530||15.5||18.2||-42|
|41 hours - 48 hours||213||6.6||9.1||276||8.1||10.0||-63|
|49 hours or more||591||18.3||14.9||691||20.2||16.4||-100|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Kyogle Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.8% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 54.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Kyogle Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (14.1% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.1% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.8% compared to 20.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.3% compared to 14.9%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Kyogle Council area decreased by 189 people (-9.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Kyogle Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-100 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-63 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (-42 persons)
- 40 hours (+16 persons)