Kyogle Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Kyogle Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Kyogle Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||NSW||Number||%||NSW||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||376||11.6||12.7||413||12.1||13.2||-37|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||345||10.7||10.4||376||11.0||9.5||-31|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||327||10.1||13.8||335||9.8||15.1||-8|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||257||7.9||6.1||261||7.6||6.4||-4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||63||1.9||1.8||47||1.4||1.8||+16|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Kyogle Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (665 people or 20.5%)
- Labourers (514 people or 15.9%)
- Professionals (459 people or 14.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,638 people in total or 50.6% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, NSW employed 13.5% in Managers; 8.8% in Labourers and 23.6% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Kyogle Council area and NSW were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (14.2% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (15.9% compared to 8.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (20.5% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.1% compared to 13.8%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Kyogle Council area decreased by 187 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Kyogle Council area were those employed as:
- Managers (-62 persons)
- Sales Workers (-41 persons)
- Professionals (-39 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-37 persons)