RDA BGLAP Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers technicians and trades workers in RDA BGLAP Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA BGLAP Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|RDA BGLAP Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||5,053||15.6||13.4||4,997||16.0||14.1||+56||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3,708||11.4||12.0||3,127||10.0||10.5||+581||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||4,046||12.5||13.3||4,063||13.0||14.4||-17||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||2,599||8.0||6.1||2,567||8.2||6.4||+32||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||511||1.6||1.5||462||1.5||1.6||+49||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in RDA BGLAP Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (5,053 people or 15.6%)
- Labourers (4,767 people or 14.7%)
- Professionals (4,532 people or 14.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 14,352 people in total or 44.3% of the resident workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 13.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 11.1% in Labourers; and 20.3% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of RDA BGLAP Region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (14.7% compared to 11.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (15.6% compared to 13.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (8.0% compared to 6.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (14.0% compared to 20.3%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in RDA BGLAP Region increased by 1,260 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in RDA BGLAP Region were for those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+581 people)
- Labourers (+191 people)
- Professionals (+186 people)
- Sales Workers (+157 people)