RDA BGLAP Region
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|RDA BGLAP Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||4,050||17.3||25.9||3,258||15.2||22.1||+792|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,358||10.1||10.6||1,816||8.5||9.4||+542|
|Certificate I and II Level||458||2.0||1.5||394||1.8||1.6||+64|
|Certificate III & IV Level||5,549||23.7||21.4||4,631||21.6||20.0||+918|
|Certificate Level, nfd||614||2.6||2.2||461||2.1||1.9||+153|
|Inadequately described or not stated||775||3.3||2.7||826||3.8||3.9||-51|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in RDA BGLAP Region in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.7% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 41.0% had no qualifications, compared with 61.5% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of RDA BGLAP Region and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.3% compared to 25.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (41.0% compared to 35.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (23.7% compared to 21.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Inadequately described or not stated (3.3% compared to 2.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in RDA BGLAP Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+918 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+792 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+542 local workers)
- No qualification (-512 local workers)