RDA Yorke and Mid North Region
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In RDA Yorke and Mid North Region, 21.0% of workers were Managers, compared to 20.2% in South Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|RDA Yorke and Mid North Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,390||12.5||13.4||3,444||12.7||14.1||-54|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3,010||11.1||12.0||2,734||10.1||10.5||+276|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,725||10.1||13.4||2,792||10.3||14.4||-67|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,917||7.1||6.1||1,913||7.1||6.4||+4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||435||1.6||1.5||431||1.6||1.6||+4|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (5,677 local workers or 21.0%)
- Labourers (3,898 local workers or 14.4%)
- Professionals (3,537 local workers or 13.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 13,112 people in total or 48.5% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% as Managers; 11.1% as Labourers and 20.2% as Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (21.0% compared to 12.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (13.1% compared to 20.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (14.4% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.1% compared to 13.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Managers (-357 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+276 local workers)
- Labourers (+110 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-67 local workers)