Rockhampton Regional Council area
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Rockhampton Regional Council area across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2021|
|Rockhampton Regional Council area - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,955||10.1||11.1||3,952||10.8||11.0||+3|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,500||8.9||9.3||3,242||8.9||9.4||+258|
|25 hours - 34 hours||5,166||13.2||12.0||4,396||12.0||12.0||+770|
|35 hours - 39 hours||9,458||24.2||20.8||8,362||22.9||19.3||+1,096|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,286||8.4||8.4||3,202||8.8||9.4||+84|
|49 hours or more||5,006||12.8||13.6||5,216||14.3||16.4||-210|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Rockhampton Regional Council area in 2021compared to Queensland within Rockhampton Regional Council area shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 37.2% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 60.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 39.3% and 58.9% respectively for Queensland within Rockhampton Regional Council area.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Rockhampton Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who did not work (5.0% compared to 7.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.1% compared to 11.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.2% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (24.2% compared to 20.8%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in Rockhampton Regional Council area between 2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,096 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+770 local workers)
- None (+518 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+258 local workers)