Rockhampton Regional Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Rockhampton Regional Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||7,362||20.1||25.1||6,582||17.7||21.5||+780|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,289||9.0||10.9||2,809||7.6||9.3||+480|
|Certificate I and II Level||620||1.7||1.3||650||1.8||1.5||-30|
|Certificate III & IV Level||8,926||24.4||23.0||8,138||21.9||21.6||+788|
|Certificate Level, nfd||683||1.9||2.0||476||1.3||1.7||+207|
|Inadequately described or not stated||935||2.6||2.7||1,361||3.7||3.8||-426|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Rockhampton Regional Council area in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 57.1% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.3% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Rockhampton Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.3% compared to 35.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (20.1% compared to 25.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (9.0% compared to 10.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (24.4% compared to 23.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Rockhampton Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-2,336 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+788 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+780 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+480 local workers)