City of Greater Shepparton
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the City of Greater Shepparton across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2021|
|City of Greater Shepparton - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2016 - 2021|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,503||11.2||11.7||3,189||11.4||12.0||+314|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,066||9.8||10.8||2,670||9.5||10.5||+396|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,938||12.6||11.6||3,423||12.2||11.2||+515|
|35 hours - 39 hours||6,477||20.7||20.8||5,412||19.3||18.7||+1,065|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,839||9.1||8.0||2,637||9.4||9.2||+202|
|49 hours or more||3,688||11.8||11.1||3,781||13.5||13.6||-93|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Greater Shepparton in 2021compared to Victoria within the City of Greater Shepparton shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.6% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 59.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 39.1% and 59.2% respectively for Victoria within the City of Greater Shepparton.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Greater Shepparton and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (9.8% compared to 10.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.6% compared to 11.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (17.7% compared to 19.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.1% compared to 8.0%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the City of Greater Shepparton between 2016 and 2021 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,065 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+515 local workers)
- 40 hours (+436 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+396 local workers)