City of Vincent
Employment by industry (FTE)
In the City of Vincent, Professional, Scientific and Technical Services is the largest employer, generating 3,188 FTE jobs in 2018/19.
Full-time equivalent (FTE) employment is modelled by NIEIR and takes into account differences in hours worked between industry sectors. It is a measure that allows direct comparison of employment between industries in the City of Vincent.
Typically, industries such as Retail Trade and Accommodation and Food Services, which employ many part-time workers, have lower FTE employment than total employment.
FTE employment is calculated directly by dividing the total hours worked in each industry by 38. By comparing the number of full-time equivalent jobs in each industry sector to a regional benchmark, you can clearly see the structure of City of Vincent's economy. This can be done by directly comparing the area to its benchmark, or by using a location quotient to look at the relative size of industries.
FTE employment should be viewed in conjunction with Employment by industry (Total) and Employment by industry (Census), for a full understanding of the industry breakdown in the area. Worker productivity data shows the value of a worker in each industry to the local economy. Employment locations shows where employment is taking place in each industry sector.
NOTE: FTE employment is derived from Census data but has been corrected for the known undercount of employment in the Census. Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|Full-time equivalent employment by industry sector|
|City of Vincent||2018/19||2013/14||Change|
|Industry (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2013/14 to 2018/19|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||43||0.2||3.2||31||0.1||2.8||+12||23000||P|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||1,825||9.3||1.7||1,910||8.7||1.7||-85||23300||P|
|Accommodation and Food Services||2,171||11.0||5.4||2,072||9.5||4.7||+99||23700||P|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||502||2.5||5.4||783||3.6||5.8||-281||23800||P|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||199||1.0||1.0||293||1.3||1.1||-94||23900||P|
|Financial and Insurance Services||580||2.9||2.0||776||3.5||2.7||-196||24000||P|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||595||3.0||1.7||859||3.9||2.2||-265||24100||P|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||3,188||16.2||7.8||3,567||16.3||8.3||-378||24200||P|
|Administrative and Support Services||860||4.4||2.8||1,111||5.1||2.9||-251||24300||P|
|Public Administration and Safety||1,490||7.6||6.8||1,535||7.0||5.8||-45||24400||P|
|Education and Training||1,320||6.7||7.7||1,327||6.1||6.8||-6||24500||P|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||1,785||9.1||10.3||1,731||7.9||8.9||+54||24600||P|
|Arts and Recreation Services||391||2.0||1.5||367||1.7||1.4||+24||24700||P|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) (opens a new window) ©2019. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
NIEIR-ID data are adjusted each year, using updated employment estimates. Each release may change previous years’ figures.Learn more
An analysis of the jobs held by the full-time equivalent local workers in City of Vincent in 2018/19 shows the three largest industries were:
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (3,188 full-time equivalent local workers or 16.2%)
- Accommodation and Food Services (2,171 full-time equivalent local workers or 11.0%)
- Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services (1,825 full-time equivalent local workers or 9.3%)
In combination these three industries accounted for 7,184 people in total or 36.5% of local workers.
In comparison, Western Australia employed 7.8% in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services; 5.4% in Accommodation and Food Services; and 1.7% in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
The major differences between the jobs held by the full-time equivalent local workers of the City of Vincent and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of full-time equivalent local workers employed in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (16.2% compared to 7.8%)
- A larger percentage of full-time equivalent local workers employed in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services (9.3% compared to 1.7%)
- A larger percentage of full-time equivalent local workers employed in Accommodation and Food Services (11.0% compared to 5.4%)
- A smaller percentage of full-time equivalent local workers employed in Mining (1.0% compared to 10.5%)
The number of local workers in the full-time equivalent work in the City of Vincent decreased by 2,193 between 2013/14 and 2018/19.
The largest changes in the jobs held by the full-time equivalent local workers between 2013/14 and 2018/19 in the City of Vincent were for those employed in:
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (-378 full-time equivalent local workers)
- Retail Trade (-348 full-time equivalent local workers)
- Transport, Postal and Warehousing (-281 full-time equivalent local workers)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (-265 full-time equivalent local workers)