City of Vincent
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within the City of Vincent, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to Western Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in City of Vincent will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in City of Vincent;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. To provide this detail, City of Vincent in 2011 had to be constructed from a best fit of Work Destination Zones (DZNs). While it may not be an exact match to the LGA or region boundary, it is considered close enough to allow some comparison. Users should treat this time series data with caution, however, and not compare directly with 2011 data from any other source.
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Vincent - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia %||Number||%||Western Australia %||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,546||12.3||16.4||2,371||12.0||16.8||+175||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,630||12.7||10.5||2,330||11.8||9.4||+300||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,200||15.5||12.9||3,331||16.9||14.3||-131||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||498||2.4||7.6||570||2.9||7.7||-72||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||280||1.4||1.7||295||1.5||1.5||-15||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the workforce in City of Vincent in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (5,626 local workers or 27.2%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (3,200 local workers or 15.5%)
- Managers (2,875 local workers or 13.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 11,701 people in total or 56.7% of the local workers .
In comparison, Western Australia employed 20.4% as Professionals; 12.9% as Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 12.0% as Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the City of Vincent and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (27.2% compared to 20.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (2.4% compared to 7.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (12.3% compared to 16.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (6.0% compared to 9.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the in the City of Vincent workforce between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+300 local workers)
- Managers (+215 local workers)
- Professionals (+208 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+175 local workers)