There are more resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce in the City of Vincent than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the City of Vincent's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the City of Vincent or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the City of Vincent, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|City of Vincent - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||819||4.4||2.5||762||4.2||2.3||+57|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||1,966||10.5||14.1||1,876||10.4||13.8||+90|
|Architecture and Building||857||4.6||4.3||792||4.4||4.1||+65|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||200||1.1||1.6||195||1.1||1.5||+5|
|Management and Commerce||3,283||17.5||13.0||2,774||15.4||11.4||+509|
|Society and Culture||2,191||11.7||7.3||1,985||11.1||6.2||+206|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||683||3.6||3.7||599||3.3||3.4||+84|
|Mixed Field Programmes||16||0.1||0.1||16||0.1||0.1||--|
|Not stated or inadequately described||424||2.3||2.5||460||2.6||3.2||-36|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the City of Vincent shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (All industries) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (3,283 people or 17.5%)
- Society and Culture (2,191 people or 11.7%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (1,966 people or 10.5%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 7,440 people in total or 39.6% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Western Australia employed 13.0% in Management and Commerce; 7.3% in Society and Culture and 14.1% in Engineering and Related Technologies.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers () of the City of Vincent and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce (17.5% compared to 13.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Society and Culture (11.7% compared to 7.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Creative Arts (5.9% compared to 2.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (10.5% compared to 14.1%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the City of Vincent increased by 826 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (All industries) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Vincent was for those qualified in:
- Management and Commerce (+509 resident workers)
- Health (+353 resident workers)
- Society and Culture (+206 resident workers)
- Education (+105 resident workers)